March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day!

The shamrock is the traditional symbol because St. Patrick used it to explain the connection between the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit in the Christian religion. (source unknown)

We don't necessarily celebrate this holiday because we're Irish or that we believe in luck but because it is FUN!! I love an excuse to eat a certain color of food and to dress a certain way. So today we're having green jello and a few other fun things...like green peeps!

Here is a little story from my past regarding St. Patrick's day. When I was in the first grade our teacher told us that the leprechauns had visited our room the night before St. Patty's. My math book was missing when I got to school. She kept insisting that it was the leprechauns. To this day I don't remember ever getting that book back. Those little guys must have been strong, maybe they were hungry and at the paper?!

Do you have any fun St. Patty's Day stories?



No comments: