March 13, 2009

Praying...

"Keep on praying." 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT)

I've recently been reading quite a few things regarding prayer. One spot was in a devotional from the Proverbs 31 author Rachel Olson (she is great!). She spoke about how busy our lives are and that many times we may tell someone that we are going to pray for them but in our busyness we forget. In the devotional she suggested that instead of saying you would pray for them to pause right then TO pray for them. I have been doing this every since I read the devotional and I can already see a change in my prayer life with our Lord.

The second thing that I read was also by Rachel. Her blog post from earlier this week offered some great suggestions for anyone that is nervous to pray out loud, which would include me. It talks about praying words from the bible. Some great things!

What suggestions do you have regarding prayer?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well, since you asked! I don't think of prayer as a thing you have to have "time" for because I do it all through the day. It has really become just a conversation between me and the Lord all day long. This has helped me feel like I don't have to "say my prayers" at a certain time. Just what helps me!