March 18, 2009

Hybrid layouts!

My latest obsession...hybrid layouts! For anyone that isn't sure what that means, it is the combination of paper items with some digital pieces to it. I do a little creating on the computer, print it out and then assemble the page with at least one piece of 12x12 cardstock and sometimes some other IRL (in real life) elements. I'm having so much fun with it. I've challenged myself not to spend any money on the things I'm creating. What that means is that I'm only printing what I can do here at home, using pictures I already have printed and
not buying any more cardstock, embellishments or patterned paper...at least for a little while! I did tell James that I might need to buy some adhesive if I ran out because that is a necessity! So far I'm doing pretty good. I think I've created almost 8 pages with my new 'theory'! I also wanted to let you all know that I hosted the Sugarplum blog yesterday. Check out the fun Easter banner I made for Caroline! I hope you're having a wonderful week!
I almost forgot...here is a picture from our green dinner last night. Green jello, green pizza (Jameson was almost afraid to eat it) and lots of green veggies (cucs, green peppers & lettuce). We had a fun day being green!





2 comments:

Angela Maggard said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's so cool that you have a friend near here! We seem to be into all the same stuff too! :) I am going to list out my lighting on my next blog post for you. :) I love that you made a whole green meal!! I will have to try that next year! :)

Crystal said...

Hey, J!! Sorry I've been missing for a while. It was good to read about the warm days, fun stuff you've been doing and see your photography. I love the newborn shots!! I bought all the hardware for a clothes line last summer and I must get DH to put it up. Happy Spring to you!!!