August 25, 2008

Rain!

I can honestly say that I've never been so excited to see rain fall from the sky and continue to come down. We were heading out this morning and Jameson just kept saying, mom the truck is going to get wet but it is okay because the lake needs rain. Our lake is so far down it is almost 'normal' now. We just found out that without rain the lake would be down 23.5 feet within the next month. That means lots of completely dry spots. Not the prettiest thing! Let alone thinking about what it is doing to the animals that call the water home. This afternoon we were playing with an umbrella on the porch so I decided to play around with some of the camera settings. I was trying to show the motion of the umbrella yet keeping Jameson in focus. He wasn't really understanding me when I was asking him to stand still. Oh well they were still fun to do and he was actually getting into it a bit. That was until he decided that trying to ride Deacon would be more fun. Oh how I feel bad for our poor puppy being tortured by the boy. This other picture is just another one I was able to capture. This seems to really sum him up right now. Bleached out hair from spending so much time in the sun, Clemson orange shirt on (and did you notice that was an Ashland umbrella in the background - I love the mix of them together - so totally a Jarvis thing), his half smile at me (basically pleading with me to put the camera away - I have been better lately about not pulling it out all day long), overall this picture makes me smile at this awesome 3 year old boy!

The tradeshow this past weekend was fun. I felt like I had stepped back into my past. For the past 5 years I haven't done anything like that, but I stepped right back into it as if I hadn't stopped. I think it definitely helped that I'm so passionate about the Heartland Select muscadine juice. Now to follow-up with those that wanted additional info.

Jameson is starting to get excited about starting school next week. We took a few pictures with is new backpack. He will actually get to go on some field trips this year - exciting! These are times that I feel so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom to be able to participate with him.

On a funny note, how many of you have heard of yearbookyourself.com. It is hilarious. You upload a picture of yourself straight on, then you can scroll through what you would have looked like during various years in history. I can finally see what others see when they say I look like my mother. And the one that was from my high school times, honestly could have been my senior picture. Walk down memory lane!


I'm off to bed now. I'm feeling a bit stuffed up from all the stuff the rain is swirling into the air (why is it that I was able to go so many years in Ohio without any allergy issues but as soon as I moved south - very frustrating). We're supposed to have a couple more days of rain too...bring it on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the "big hair" look!! Lexie said "that's um...an interesting look" when she saw your pic. Off to bed now, first day of school tomorrow~6th grade here she comes.

Tell Jameson to have fun and to try and not grow up too fast.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't read the rest of your post before I saw the pics and I could not figure out when you would have had hair like that! I am still laughing! (with you, not at you though!) I'm going to try it now. See you soon!