April 18, 2008

Heading out...

We're heading out tomorrow. Oh how we love our trips to Ohio. I'm excited to see family and feeling a bit bittersweet since I'm preparing for my last LALR weekend. Mr Vocabulary, Jameson has been keeping us entertained lately. He is at a great age to get excited about visiting our Ohio family and friends. He seems to remember the places we've mentioned and talks about what he is going to do when we get there. One thing we're going to be doing before we leave...making a trip to the local dump. Odd? Yes except that this evening I discovered that our chest freezer was completely defrosted. Not a good thing to discover the night before leaving for quite a few days. So in the morning before we finish packing the truck to head north I'll be filling a few trash bags and making a run to the dump. Now this would be a time that I'm totally thankful that we have to take our own trash and can do it 5 days a week. What would I do if I only had trash pick up once a week? It almost makes me sick to think about it. I just want it gone. The smell is gross. James even almost got sick when he came down to assess the situation. I am hoping to find a kind neighbor with an open bed truck to help me transport the yuck.


Now back to the fun topic of traveling. We're going to see Jameson's great-great grandmother as our first stop. Grandma E is 97 years young. Here is a picture of her with Jameson when he was almost 2 months old. Hoping to get lots of pictures of them together during our visit. Speaking of pictures...I received the best material mother's day gift today...a NEW Camera. I'm over the moon excited. Mostly because I hadn't really even asked for it and James just did it. This to me is like receiving a 100 carat diamond tennis bracelet or something like that. I just love my camera which give me the ability to stop time for just an instant. This new beauty is just awesome. I can't believe how fast the shutter is. Earlier today I used the old canon body (which is what I'll be referring to it as) to take some cute pictures of Jeb's baby brother. Here is a sneak peek!

Now I'm off to get some rest before I have to transport the yuck in the morning and then driving in the truck with my boys for over 7 hours. I honestly can't remember the last time the 3 of us drive north together. I'm looking forward to some family time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip - it's always nice to see older relatives - they have so much wisdom to share.

Our Family... said...

Hey,
Just thinking of you and hoping that you made it there safely and had a good retreat. Miss ya! Shari

Abby C said...

That is the prettiest foot I have ever seen, but I am partial! Ha! I am glad you are home safe and sound. Thanks for taking the pictures of my two treasures...sorry for the chaos. Welcome to my world!