April 11, 2008

84 today!

Today it felt like summer here in sunny SC. Last night I actually woke up and was warm from the humidity outside. Tonight we're getting a good old fashion summer storm. Heat lightning earlier followed by lots of ran. We spent some time this evening throwing rocks into the lake. It was great to see how much it has come up. We will take all the rain we can get! Before it started raining James mowed the lawn and Jameson was his helper. So cute how he wants to help out with things (I'll be reminding him of this in 10 years when he thinks he has better things to do).

Some other random bits to share. Lately in the morning when we come downstairs to let Deacon outside Jameson has been sitting on the back porch to wait for Deke. He sits in his folding chair and talks to the birds. Yesterday I heard him start saying "birdy, quiet please it is quiet time". Makes me smile at how similar he is to his father that he wants peace and quiet at times. Now fast forward to earlier today when he and I were having high pitched squealing contests in the car. From the backseat I heard "louder mommy". He is such a cool mixture of both me & James. Lets just hope more of the good then the bad, right?!

What a good laugh? Have you seen the new show called Eli Stone. Totally makes me laugh. Just a bit kooky yet attempting to be good. If you've missed the beginnings of it. You can catch up here.

Okay so I need some creative thinking help from my online friends. I'm working on a session for the summer workshop at adpi. We're doing a session on hats that will represent the various 'hats' of responsibility. What are some fun types of hats? We need about 8 different ones. I've already got floppy beach hat, baseball cap, dunce cap & hard hat. Thoughts on more?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nurses cap or surgery cap, hot dog vendor hat footall helmet,chef hat....just a few...

Sarah said...

fedora, top hat, cowboy hat...

I love both the James-like and Jill-like stories of Jameson. Makes me smile! Your boy is growin up. What a great personality he has! It has been good to reconnect with him again lately. The storms were awesome! I am enjoying more thunder now. What a great way to spend a saturday morning!

Anonymous said...

We loved the thunderstorm last night too. Aubrey loved watching the lighting with us.

I am thinking maybe one of those hats that have the spinner on the top. Know what I mean? Did you have joker hat on the list? I'll keep thinking.

Puffluna... said...

84! I can't wait! Amelia and I walked to church with our umbrella and a nice cool temp of 36! We had a sneak of spring last week though and it was great! Your blog is so nice... it puts a smile on my face :)

I was thinking chef hat too, but so was someone else I see!

Have fun and enjoy the sun!

Crystal said...

How about top hat, fur-lined winter hat, Laura Ingalls Wilder type bonnet, coonskin hat, fedora, fez, Mickey Mouse beanie, cloche, and pillbox hat? Hope that helps!

I've been lurking here, enjoying the posts about your little man. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You know I would have to say Cowboy hat but Sarah beat me to it. :) Your blog is so neat. I love when I have time to check in.