April 26, 2009

Giving...

In the digital scrapbooking world something wonderful is going on today through the end of the month. An additional $4 will be donated to the Autism Speaks fun through the purchase of the current Songbird Avenue kit. I actually picked up the kit earlier this month and have so enjoyed playing with it. Some of the Mother's Day gifts I've been created include pieces from this great kit.

"An Overwhelming Need: Today, nearly 27,000 children age 5 and younger will die of preventable causes. That's about 18 children every minute. Compassion's ministry focuses on preventing these deaths and releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name. But we can't do it without you." As quoted from the Compassion International website.

In world news...have you heard about World Malaria Day? Through Compassion International you can help out by donating just $10 which will purchase a mosquito net to help prevent the spread of this awful disease. Click here to help. And if you're interested in giving more to Compassion through sponsoring a child to release them from hunger...let me know. I signed up to share the information with our small group (aka Life Group) and compassion sent me packets for some children. I will be sharing the information with our LG but also thought I would put it on the blog so that if anyone else is interested, the files for 4 children are at my house.

'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Matthew 25:35-36

No comments: